Here’s How You Can Help Support Local Fish Farm That Lost 80% Of Its...

Plankton bloom causes Ah Hua Kelong to lose 80% of stock An increase in plankton levels has crippled Ah Hua Kelong, leaving the local fish farm with only 20% of their fish stock. In order to help pay for expenses as the farm recovers, a crowdfunding effort has been set up. Source The...

What We Know About Missing AirAsia Flight QZ8501: Day 2

About The Missing Flight QZ8501 On 28 December, AirAsia Flight QZ8501 lost contact with air traffic control at 07:24 SST(Singapore Standard Time, GMT +8), about an hour after leaving the tarmac from Surabaya, Indonesia. The plane was headed for Singapore as it went missing over the Java Sea. It was...

Disembodied Drivers To Put Taxis Out Of Business

Not many of you may know this, but Singapore has been testing driverless vehicles in NUS and at the Chinese and Japanese Gardens since the start of the year. So here's a reminder. The Singapore National Research Foundation has been funding research on driverless technology, being done by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology...

Healing Young Cancer Patients Through Art

The Art Therapy's Therapists' Association might be ATAS for short, but their initiatives are strictly aimed at the general populace. Art has been used as a form of therapy at the National University Hospital (NUH)'s department of paediatrics since 2006. More recently in 2013, non-profit organisation Children’s Cancer Foundation (CCF)...

Singaporean Cancer Survivor Lived With Hole In Throat For Four Years

U. Govindan, a former security guard, lived with a hole in his throat for four years without a good night's rest because he had to change his dressing every three hours, day and night. Tan Tock Seng Hopsital (TTSH) claimed that "(its) plastic surgeon was too junior to perform the...

ABOUT US

MS News creates news for young Singaporeans.
Want to share your story? Contact us

BRANDED CONTENT