Chinese New Year isn’t only about collecting angpows and stuffing your face
Its that time of the year again. You already bought a fab new outfit, which you hope to earn back in angpow currency. Now, time to give the house a new make-over. After all, Feng Shui says that a clean house is a prosperous one. Or was that your mom?
1.You start off with sickening enthusiasm, time to get this place spanking clean!
2. So you make a mental checklist
3.And then you look around, wondering where to begin. It can’t be that bad, right?
4. WRONG. Years of telling yourself Mess Is Magnificent has finally caught up with you.
5. So you waste no more time, and get at it immediately.
6. You finally get your groove on
7. No one can stop you now
8. 15 minutes in, you remember why cleaning is a soul-blistering experience.
9. Discovering something nasty at the corner of the ceiling.
10. Who knew there was so much dust around?
11. But you are one mean superhero and no one can stop you
So you keep going..
12. Till you realise that the only thing progressing is the time
13. Now’s a good time to call for help. You look up hourly cleaning services.
14. But then you remember that you are broke.
15. Maybe all you need is a quick power nap.
16. And you start fantasising about getting help from an extra pair of gorgeous hands
I don’t know what he is cleaning, but mine just became dirty
17. Waking up back into reality
18. Because you are such a slob, you find a cheat code two hours before reunion dinner.
19. The rest goes in the trash, your new favourite mantra
21. Time to get ready before the first guest arrives
Have a blast cleaning up for Chinese New Year!
Featured image via MemeCentre