Cheryl’s birthday is now being discussed worldwide
Are you happy now, Cheryl?
Now everyone’s debating over your birth date, even though the solution has been found. And we aren’t even your friends!
From BuzzFeed to Reddit, the question set for Secondary 3 – 4 Math Olympiads left the world scratching their heads, leading to some very interesting reactions online. Here are some of the best ones we saw:
1. Check Facebook
Apparently, to know someone’s birthday, we use Facebook now.
That’s a good idea too, because it saves us the trouble of dealing with people like Cheryl.
2. Friends don’t make friends do math
3. The answer is…none of the above
4. Any debate will immediately bring to mind #TheDress
5. Kids here don’t like Cheryl
6. We’re also her victims
7. To everyone who’s also named Cheryl, we’re sorry
8. Then again, #sorrynotsorry
10. There’s another lesson to be learned
11. Plot twist: both of them don’t know her birthday
12. Maybe we should try another tactic…
13. Finally, a reaction from the test setters themselves
Here’s the response of Henry Ong, Executive Director of Singapore and Asian School Math Olympiads (SASMO), a.k.a. the test setters.
I guess he has a point. The test wasn’t meant for everyone. However, the question still gave everyone a collective migraine. Cheryls the world over are protesting their innocence because of this.
Maybe SASMO owes all the Cheryls an apology too.
Like this post and MustShareNews’ Facebook page to keep up with our posts!
Talk to us! Send in your story suggestions or comments to [email protected]
Featured image via Kennethjianwen