Tampines HDB Unit Catches Fire After Siblings Try To Fry Nuggets, SCDF Extinguishes Flames

Tampines HDB Unit Catches Fire After Siblings Try To Prepare Nuggets For Lunch

Nuggets are easy to cook and extremely tasty, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that they’re high up our list of favourite food to eat when we’re feeling lazy.

Source

A pair of siblings, however, proved that cooking it might not be as easy when their Tampines HDB unit caught fire recently.

Source

Thankfully, the fire was extinguished and everyone managed to escape unhurt.

Tampines HDB catches fire when siblings try frying nuggets

According to Shin Min Daily News, the incident happened in a 10th-floor unit at Block 813 Tampines Street 81 on Friday (5 Mar) afternoon.

Source

Prior to the incident, the brother was reportedly frying nuggets – lunch for himself and his sister – in the kitchen.

Their parents were not home at the time, reports Shin Min Daily News.

 

Suddenly, the sister who was in her room noticed a burnt smell and decided to head out to have a look.

Upon reaching the kitchen, she reportedly saw the pan used to fry the nuggets on fire and quickly proceeded to turn off the electric stove.

The brother-and-sister pair then used a blanket and some clothes to cover the pan and smother the flame.

SCDF arrives in 10 minutes & extinguishes fire

Though they managed to extinguish the fire, the plastic shelf next to the stove continued to melt as a result of the intense heat, reported Shin Min Daily News.

Moments later, the fire reignited, stronger than before.

The siblings eventually had no choice but to leave the house and alert the SCDF.

Police and SCDF officers reportedly arrived at the scene within 10 minutes and successfully put out the fire.

Speaking to Shin Min Daily News, the sister said that half the kitchen was destroyed. She estimated that repairs would cost them around $10,000.

Source

Thankfully nobody was injured

Kudos to the SCDF for arriving so swiftly before the flames got out of control.

Even though the fire was no doubt unfortunate, thankfully nobody was injured.

Moving forward, we hope the siblings will be more careful when it comes to cooking over a stove.

Have news you must share? Get in touch with us via email at hello@mustsharenews.com.

Featured image adapted from Sin Chew Daily News and Google Maps.

The Must Share News Team

Teamwork makes the dream work.

Recent Posts

SAF doctor witnesses motorcyclist lying in blood along PIE, stops & provides treatment

With a first aid kit provided by a passerby, she was able to stop the…

22 Jun 2024, 11:28 am

Woman in Indonesia dies after falling out of window from treadmill, gym under investigation

The police are looking into several people suspected of opening the windows at the gym.

22 Jun 2024, 3:13 am

Man buys 4 cartons of 100PLUS to treat workers cleaning oil spill

What he did was nothing compared to the workers' tireless work in cleaning the beach,…

22 Jun 2024, 1:48 am

Police looking for man who crashed car in Yishun, leaving behind samurai sword & drugs

His passenger, a 32-year-old woman, was arrested.

21 Jun 2024, 11:34 pm

18-year-old student leader co-develops policies with S’pore Govt, positive about igniting change

Salwa Sanaullah Khan, a National Youth Council #GreenHacks Youth Panellist, dreams of seeing Singaporeans embrace…

21 Jun 2024, 6:00 pm