Bukit Batok ActiveSG Gym & Marina One Visited By Covid-19 Cases
Almost 2 months since Phase 2 started, small numbers of community infections remain in Singapore.
The Ministry of Health (MOH) added 9 more places to its list of locations visited by Covid-19 cases while infectious on Thursday (6 Aug).
One of them – West Mall – was visited twice on the same day, on Friday (31 Jul).
The locations include malls, restaurants, supermarkets, and also a gym.
9 locations visited by cases include Marina One
The following locations were visited by Covid-19 patients:
- Gek Poh Shopping Centre (762 Jurong West Street 75) on 28 Jul, 12-1.15pm
- The Heart, Marina One Show Gallery (5 Straits View) on 30 Jul, 6.20pm-7.20pm
– Standing Sushi Bar
- FairPrice Hub (1 Joo Koon Circle) on 30 Jul, 7.40-8.25pm
- West Mall (1 Bukit Batok Central Link) on 31 Jul, 11.50am-12.45pm, and 7.45-8.35pm
- Evolution Hub (492 Jurong West Street 41) on 31 Jul, 4.20-5.20pm
- Tang Tea House (414 Jurong West Street 42) on 2 Aug, 2-3.30pm
- Sheng Siong Supermarket (61 Teban Gardens Road) on 3 Aug, 2.30-3pm
- Food Paradise (21 Bukit Batok Central) on 3 Aug, 6-6.30pm
- Bukit Batok ActiveSG Gym (2 Bukit Batok Street 22) on 4 Aug, 9-10.30am
You can view the full list here.
4 community infections, 3 unlinked
MOH also announced 4 Covid-19 community infections, with 3 of them unlinked as of now.
The remaining case is linked to a previous case and was asymptomatic, although his serological test came back positive.
This indicates a probable past infection.
Through active case finding, MOH found another case. Meanwhile, the last 2 cases reported acute respiratory infection to the doctor, and were tested based on that.
Community cases have gone down to just 2 a day this week, although this could easily increase any time.
No need to avoid places
MOH will have notified close contacts, of the cases who visited these locations.
However, as a precaution, you should monitor your health for 14 days from the day of visit and see a doctor if you feel unwell, as well as let them know about your exposure history.
There is no need to avoid these places as the management will have cleaned and disinfected them.
We wish all who tested positive for Covid-19 a speedy recovery.