Singaporean man wanted by Malaysia’s anti-corruption agency says he has ‘never run away’
Singaporean Poh Po Lian has denied accusations that he has been avoiding Malaysian authorities, saying he has “never run away” after an arrest warrant was issued against him.
Addressing the media in a statement seen by MS News on Friday (14 Aug), Poh said he was “very surprised” to hear about the warrant and the latest developments.
“I have always cooperated with the Malaysian authorities,” he said.
The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) is seeking Poh and Malaysian national Jennifer Kok Sau Keng to assist with an ongoing investigation.

Source: Malaysian Anti-Corruption Agency
MACC said a Kuala Lumpur Magistrate’s Court issued arrest warrants against both individuals on 4 Aug.
According to Business Today Malaysia, Poh is a Singaporean businessman and investor.
Poh says he provided statement to MACC in March
The New Straits Times (NST) reported that Poh has been wanted by the MACC for the past three years.
The Malaysian publication described him as “[remaining] untraceable despite promising 10 months ago to meet investigators”.
Meanwhile, Poh told media that he had provided his statement to MACC previously.
“On 5 March 2026, I travelled to Malaysia and cooperated with the MACC at their office in Johor Bahru to provide my statement,” he said.
He also said he was in Kuala Lumpur six days later to attend a probate hearing concerning the estate of the late Tan Sri Ta Kin Yan at the High Court in Kuala Lumpur.
Poh said he attended the hearing in person as the executor and trustee of Ta Kin Yan’s estate.
He added that his solicitors sent a formal representation to MACC on 27 March, requesting that the matter be reviewed and that no further action be taken.
Businessman denies ever evading the law
Poh also rejected claims that he had fled or deliberately avoided Malaysian authorities.
“I have never ‘run away’ and any accusation in this regard is false,” he said.
He added that he had continued to cooperate and travelled to Malaysia when required.
“I will continue to cooperate with the authorities in every way possible,” he said.

Source: Business Today Malaysia
MACC says previous attempts to locate pair failed
According to MACC, its investigation division had issued media notices in Oct 2025 and March 2026 seeking information on the whereabouts of Poh and Kok.
However, the commission said it had been unable to locate either individual.
The two are being sought by MACC to assist with its investigation, Free Malaysia Today reported.
The arrest warrants were issued by the Kuala Lumpur Magistrate’s Court on 4 Aug after repeated attempts to locate them, MACC said.
MS News has reached out to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) for comment.
Have news you must share? Get in touch with us via email at news@mustsharenews.com.
Featured image adapted from XIANG Institute.
