NEA Lists 18 Household Disinfectants & Cleaning Products Effective Against Coronavirus
With an abundance of items in the market, choosing an effective cleaning product may take trial and error for many.
The items have active ingredients that are known to be effective against nCoV.
If you would like to disinfect areas that are likely contaminated, here are the products that you need to know.
Recommended cleaning products by NEA
According to NEA, many household products have ingredients that can inactivate coronaviruses. Hence, detergent and water are usually enough for cleaning.
To disinfect areas that are likely contaminated with nCoV, such as the bedroom of a person with CoV infection, the products in the table below are highly recommended.
Consumers should check the labels and instructions so they are aware of the potential hazard of using each product.
NEA advised that locals should avoid the use of sprays on contaminated surfaces and allow the appropriate time needed to disinfect an area. They have also released Guidelines and Advisories with instructions on proper cleaning for contaminated premises.
The products listed were composed of 3 active ingredients effective against nCoV:
- Quaternary ammonium compounds
- Sodium hypochlorite.
Remember to avoid contact with the eye and skin. Once sodium hypochlorite is applied on metal, remember to wipe away residues after 10 minutes using a wet cloth to avoid corrosion.
Shopping list for cleaning products
We’ve compiled pictures of the household products and cleaning items to ensure that you pick the right choice.
- Simple Green Clean Finish
2. Clorox Disinfectant Wipes
3. Clorox Scentiva Disinfectant (Various Scents)
4. Dettol Anti-bacterial Surface Cleanser Trigger Spray
5. Dettol Healthy Clean Kitchen
6. Dettol Healthy Clean Bathroom
7. Mr Muscle 5 in 1 Multi-Purpose Cleaner (Various Scents)
8. Dettol Laundry Sanitiser
9. Walch Laundry Sanitiser
10. Walch Antiseptic Germicide
11. Dettol Antiseptic Germicide
12. Dettol Antiseptic Disinfectant Liquid
13. Kao Bleach Liquid
14. Clorox Clean-Up Cleaner + Bleach
15. Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach
16. Essential Waitrose Thick Original Bleach
17. Budget Bleach
18. Giant All-Purpose Household Bleach
Only buy what you need
The items listed by NEA are recommended cleaning products for disinfecting areas frequented by people with the coronavirus.
If there is no confirmed case of coronavirus in your area, please refrain from buying these products in bulk.
We hope that these necessary products will always be available for those that will need it the most.