President Tony Tan and ministers go to France
On Sunday (17 May), President Tony Tan, along with Minister of Transport Lui Tuck Yew, along with Minister of Communications and Information, Yaacob Ibrahim, and Minister of Parliament Baey Yam Keng landed in Paris for a week-long state visit in France.
This visit takes place as France and Singapore celebrate the 50th anniversary of the establishment of their diplomatic relations this year. France is one of the first thirteen countries which recognized the independence of Singapore in 1965. Dr Tan was received at the Elysée for a state dinner by President François Hollande, as well as in Matignon where the Singapore President met France Prime Minister Manuel Valls.
Here’s what they have been up to, apart from marveling at the Eiffel Tower.
1. Touchdown in style at Charles de Gaulle Airport
2. Taking in Singapore Art at Palais de Tokyo
First stop in Paris is an art exhibition: The Secret Archipelago, which is a part of the three-month-long Singapore Festival in France.
3. Minister Yaacob checks out some hour-glass figures at Orsay Museum
4. MP Baey working that smile beneath the Eiffel
5. Morning walk along Seine River. Plus ministers checking out love-locks.
6. Baey looks at The Louvre and The Louvre checking out Bae(y)
7. Escorted with much fanfare to Elysee Palace to meet President François Hollande
8. Unveiled celebratory France-Singapore stamps
President Dr Tony Tan and delegation had a good meeting with French President Hollande. We signed several MOUs and unveiled stamps to mark 50 years of friendship between the two countries. #yaacobibrahim
To celebrate 50 years of relations, Singapore-France unveils…. Stamps! Now you can send local postage with the Eiffel Tower stamp on it and confuse your postman!
9. Derp selfie time after discussions
10. Baey Yam Keng gets ready for State Dinner at night
Step one on how to achieve your bae(y) look: Iron your own clothes!
11. Made a grand entrance at the State Dinner
Everyone looks like they are having a good time in Paris.
To continue to follow on politicians will be up to on their state visit for the rest of the week, follow them on social media: President Tony Tan, MP Baey Yam Keng, Minister Yaacob Ibrahim and Minister Lui Tuck Yew.
Like this post and MustShareNews’ Facebook page to keep up with our posts!
Talk to us! Send in your story suggestions or comments to [email protected]