753 New Covid-19 Cases On 9 May, 11 Are Community Cases

MOH Reports 753 New Covid-19 Cases On 9 May, Bringing National Tally To 22,460

The Ministry of Health (MOH) has preliminary confirmed 753 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday (9 May). This brings the national tally to 22,460.

6 Singaporeans, 3 Permanent Residents (PRs), and 2 Work Pass holders tested positive for the coronavirus. This makes 11 community Covid-19 cases, of which 2 are cleaners who work at Northpoint City in Yishun.


Migrant workers residing in dormitories account for 739 cases, while those residing outside of dormitories account for 3 new cases.

93% of the new cases are linked to known cases, and the remaining 7% pending contact tracing.

9 new clusters reported

MOH also announced 9 new clusters:

  • 3 Buroh Lane
  • 9 Defu South Street
  • 44 Kaki Bukit Industrial Terrace
  • 45 Kaki Bukit Place
  • 20 Kranji Road
  • 2 Pioneer Sector Walk
  • 69 Tuas South Avenue 1
  • 3 Tuas View Circuit
  • 212 Woodlands Industrial Park E5

256 patients discharged, 1,124 remain hospitalised

256 patients have been discharged, which brings the total number of recoveries to 2,296.

1,124 remain in the hospital, with 23 in critical condition in the intensive care unit (ICU).

19,020 are in isolation at community care facilities, and the death toll in Singapore currently stands at 20.

Venues with high human traffic to deploy SafeEntry

MOH announced earlier today that locations where individuals are likely to be in close proximity are required to deploy the SafeEntry check-in system.

Workplaces, Schools & Barbers To Deploy SafeEntry From 12 May, Bring Your IC To Check In

This is to keep up with expected increases in human traffic after ‘Circuit Breaker’ measures are eased on 12 May.

The measures seek to boost Singapore’s contact tracing efforts, but hopefully there is no need for it if no new clusters form.

In the meantime, let’s continue to practise good safe distancing habits.

Featured image adapted from Google Maps.

  • More From Author