465 New Covid-19 Cases On 16 May, 67-Year-Old Is S’pore’s 22nd Death

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mustsharenews

MOH Reports 465 New Covid-19 Cases On 16 May, 4 S’poreans/PRs Infected

On Saturday (16 May), the Ministry of Health (MOH) confirmed 465 new cases of Covid-19 in Singapore.


This brings the national tally to 27,356.

Breakdown of cases

Migrant workers living in dormitories account for 457 cases, while those residing outside of dormitories account for 3.


5 community cases were reported, with 4 cases involving Singaporeans/Permanent Residents (PRs), and 1 involving a Work Pass holder.

99% of the new cases are linked to known clusters, with the remaining 1% pending contact tracing.

MOH has also identified 3 new clusters at 9 Sungei Kadut Way, 7 Tech Park Crescent and 137 Tuas View Square.

1,094 patients discharged

Meanwhile, 1,094 patients were discharged, bringing the total number of recoveries to 8,342.

1,111 patients are still in hospitals, with 16 in critical condition.

17,881 patients are in isolation at community facilities.

Singapore records 22nd death

Unfortunately, a 67-year-old Singaporean man passed away from complications due to Covid-19 on 15 May.

Sengkang General Hospital is currently extending assistance to his family.


The patient, Case 1516, tested positive for the coronavirus on 7 Apr, and had a history of ischaemic heart disease, hypertension and hyperlipidaemia.

This is the nation’s 22nd Covid-19 death.

Condolences to family and friends of the deceased

Our heartfelt condolences go out to the family and friends of the deceased.

Hopefully, this is the last death that will arise from Covid-19.

Featured image adapted from Covid-19 World News.

Drop us your email so you won't miss the latest news.

  • More From Author