Daryl Aiden Yow Makes A Comeback On Social Media
He’s baaaack. Nearly 3 months after one of the year’s largest social media scandals, Daryl Aiden Yow is back–and seemingly unscathed.
In an Instagram post on Thursday (13 Sep) night, the former social media darling posted photos and videos of himself burning Polaroids.
Upon closer inspection, one realises that the Polaroids are shots of his controversy-tainted photos. These photos were allegedly made with stock images and passed off as his own.
News of such practices led to many of his fans fleeing the Daryl Aiden Yow ship. Even clients like Sony backed away, claiming that they were not complicit.
In his comeback post, Daryl Aiden Yow took a few jabs at himself as well, pointing users to Photoshop trials to up their photo game. But his caption suggests that he’s apologetic for the entire saga. It reads,
Mistakes come with a lesson. And with a lesson, comes change.
The post has received more than 12,000 likes since it was uploaded. Netizens largely encouraged Daryl and welcomed him back to social media.
Despite the initial backlash to his controversy, MustShareNews struggled to find a negative comment on his post. Maybe cyberspace has forgiven him?
Not familiar with the entire saga? Here’s the tl;dr version:
- 20 June: Daryl Aiden Yow is accused of plagiarism and using stock images in his “original work”
- The social media star later apologises in an interview with MustShareNews
- Social media explodes with parodies of the situation, led by influencers Preetipls and brands like Scoot
- Daryl Aiden Yow deletes all but one photo on his Instagram feed
- 21 June: He releases a long apology on his Instagram page
- The witch hunt continues. Sony is “surprised and disappointed” by Daryl’s actions.
- BBC picks up the story as well–proof of just how big the entire saga became.
- 13 September: Daryl Aiden Yow makes a dramatic comeback on social media
Featured image from Daryl Aiden Yow’s Instagram.