After this, you’ll know why more and more people turn up at Pink Dot every year
Pink Dot SG, a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) rally celebrating the freedom to love, breaks a record every year.
This year, Pink Dot boasted an exceptional crowd of 28,000 pink-clad Singaporeans dotting the grounds of Hong Lim Park last Saturday (13 June).
But they aren’t just any 28,000 people. They’re 28,000 symbols of beliefs that are relentlessly stood up for amidst a strong culture of discrimination and intolerance.
So for the first time, we headed down to Pink Dot for a deeper look into why 18 of these 28,000 people believe what they believe, by asking them one simple question:
What does gay pride mean to you?
Some answers might just make your day.
1. “Freedom to love”
2. “Equality 4 all”
3. “21 years of marriage”
4. “Being yourself!”
5. “Being free to be who you are”
6. “Being happy!”
7. “To be able to love whoever I love!”
8. “Being myself, allowing myself to love everyone and especially myself! #self-acceptance #IAmReady”
9. “A world without prejudice, ignorance and hate”
10. “Freedom to be who I am”
11. “There is no right or wrong to LOVE”
12. “Freedom to love, supporting equality, getting together with friends and we are all the SAME!”
13. “Knowing I can love without all the hate”
14. “To be proud of who you really are and not be afraid to show it.”
15. “Celebrating life and love in all its colour and standing together for freedom and equality.”
16. “Ensuring everyone’s right to be themselves! Beautiful! Free! Unique! Keep up the good fight!”
17. “Celebrating #Freedom, #Equality, #Diversity”
18. “#Inclusion #Love-for-all #Stop discrimination”
A loving thank you to these 18 strangers for participating in our little project.
Your 2 minutes goes a long way in building a lifetime of acceptance towards the LGBT community.
Do you support LGBT rights in Singapore?
Like this post and MustShareNews’ Facebook page to keep up with our posts!
Talk to us! Send in your story suggestions or comments to email@example.com
Drop us your email so you won't miss the latest news.