Massive Tuas Industrial Fire Successfully Contained After 12 Hours, 100 Firefighters Deployed To Fight Blaze

1 Person Brought To Hospital Due To Tuas Industrial Fire

Just last week, we reported a huge fire at a Pioneer warehouse which took firefighters 3 hours to contain.

Massive Fire Engulfed Pioneer Warehouse Last Night, Over 50 Escaped Unscathed Before SCDF Arrived

Tragedy struck once again just last night (17 Mar), where another massive blaze engulfed a 5-storey warehouse at the nearby Tuas industry area.


This time, the fire was around the size of 1.5 football fields and took about 100 firefighters and nearly 12 hours to bring it under control.

Unfortunately, 1 person was injured during the incident and has been brought to a hospital.

Tuas industrial fire involved flammable substances

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted to the fire at No. 7 Tuas Ave 18 around 9.45pm on Tuesday (17 Mar).


When firefighters arrived at the scene, the blaze was “raging” and spreading along the nearby drains.

The fire had engulfed a 5-storey warehouse and involved flammable substances like diesel and cleaning agents.


1 person suffered burn injuries and was conveyed to the Singapore General Hospital.

About 100 firefighters deployed to fight Tuas Industrial Fire

Around 100 firefighters and 33 emergency vehicles were deployed to the site of the fire.


6 handheld jets, 3 monitors, and 2 unmanned firefighting machines were used to fight the fire.

A combined platform ladder was also deployed to provide elevation for the firefighters.


Footage shared on SCDF’s twitter page show an ominous crimson glow emitting from the building. Thick smoke was also seen billowing.


Blaze contained after nearly 12 hours

Nearly 12 hours later at around 8.11am, the SCDF posted another tweet saying that the fire has been contained.

However, members of the public are advised to stay away from the area as it is heavily filled with smoke.


Hope the injured person will make a full recovery soon

Kudos to the firefighters who braved the heat and danger to extinguish the fire overnight.

Commiserations to the tenant of the warehouse, who must have suffered significant losses as a result of the blaze.

We hope the injuries suffered by the person conveyed to the hospital are not serious and pray he will make a full recovery soon.

Featured image adapted from Twitter

Drop us your email so you won't miss the latest news.

  • More From Author