No Stacking $100 SingapoRediscovers Vouchers With Another Person’s For Security Reasons
Many of us are excited about the upcoming SingapoRediscover vouchers. One frequently asked question is whether the vouchers can be ‘stacked’ when used with friends.
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has confirmed that you cannot combine your own vouchers with another person’s to buy the same thing.
This is to mitigate security risks such as fraud and resale.
No stacking SingapoRediscovers vouchers to prevent fraud
In a Facebook post, STB has reiterated that the vouchers cannot be combined, or ‘stacked’ with others to make redemptions.
Furthermore, the vouchers are deemed for personal use, meaning that one cannot redeem vouchers on behalf of others.
It seems that family and friends who want to book the same location will have to do so separately.
Other things to note about the vouchers
According to STB, here are some other things to keep in mind when using SingapoRediscovers vouchers:
- Redeem via SingPass accounts
- Vouchers will come in $10 denominations and can be used at different locations
- You can spend the vouchers on approved hotels, attractions and tours
- Approved booking partners are Changi Recommends, GlobalTix, Klook, Traveloka and Trip.com
- Purchases must be made between 1 Dec 2020-30 Jun 2021
- Refunds are not allowed once a booking has been made. Singaporeans can opt to change booking dates or products instead.
Enjoy after reading the fine print
While rules such as being unable to ‘stack’ vouchers may be a bummer for those hoping to book a sweet suite at a hotel with friends, the reasons behind them are sound.
However, once you’ve read the terms and conditions, it’s about time you book a Singapoliday and take a well-earned break.
Have news you must share? Get in touch with us via email at email@example.com.
Featured image adapted from Pinterest.